Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Bride by Julie Garwood


I came across this book by accident. I was in Barnes and Noble and I was trying to get my daughter to behave so I could pick one more book, so I asked her to pick one for me. She actually picked the book next to this one, which didn't look very interesting, but this one caught my eye.
I really liked this book. Alec is a Scottish warlord who had been in England at the behest of his king, and was told to pick a wife from four sisters on his way back to Scotland. His friend Daniel was to pick a wife as well. Jamie's father didn't pay his taxes, so he was forced to offer up two daughters to wed in payment. Alec chose Jamie and they were immediately married and off to Scotland that day. She didn't like him because he was Scottish, he didn't like her because she was English. Jamie was quickly accepted into Alec's clan after she healed one of the warriors they thought was dead. Her prickly temper kept her at odds with Alec, who also had a quick temper. As they began to know each other and understand each other's personalities, they grew closer. There was a bit of mystery - someone was trying to kill Jamie! It was not the person I thought it was. This was a very entertaining story. I'll try another of Ms. Garwood's stories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment