Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Destined for an Early Whoop-A$$

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost came out today. I've been patiently waiting for this fourth book in her series. I pre-ordered it as soon as it was available to do so, happy in the knowledge it would be waiting for me today. All bright and shiny, with my name wrapped around the spine. Mine.

When I got to B&N, the line was long, so I decided to check the shelves first. Not there. Not in Romance, not in Paranormal. No Jeaniene Frost titles at all. This is not looking good. Frustrated and disappointed, I decide to peruse the racks, hoping a sexy Highlander story will cheer me up. An employee walks past me with three books in her hands, and puts one on the shelf - where a Jeaniene Frost book would go. AND, from where I'm standing, the cover looks familiar..... I casually stroll over and ask her what book she just shelved - it's Destined for an Early Grave!!!! One copy.

I thank her, grab it, and head to the cash register - nope, no reserved copy for me. Apparently I got the only copy on the West Bank. Hmmm...

Here's my thing: If a book comes out on July 28, I want to be able to stroll in as soon as the store opens and buy it. Not wait until the truck comes in or they get around to stocking it. New releases should be stocked the night before. Am I wrong? If video stores can do it, why not B&N?

Now, off to read and forget all about it............

0 comments:

Post a Comment