Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday Foolishness

Happy Day after Thanksgiving! Here's hoping you're either at the front of all the lines today or at home taking it easy :) Anyone got their Christmas tree up yet?

No Friday Funk today - instead I'm just giving you one more reason (okay, two or three reasons) to cross the street when you see me coming...

Sometimes I think my book addiction has made me (literally) insane.

Here's some weird book-related stuff I probably shouldn't admit to:

I have a list of songs I want to know all the words to in case I ever go back in time. I owe this bizarre quirk to Diana Gabaldon's Outlander. Since I know my ipod would burn out after a few hours, and then I'd be on my own, I feel like I need to keep this mental list. What's on my list?

  • Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin
  • I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow by The Soggy Bottom Boys
  • Chop Suey by System of a Down (don't ask me why, I have no idea)
  • Dance to the Music by Sly and the Family Stone (blame the movie Black Knight for this one)
  • Carry on My Wayward Son by Kansas (What? I was born in the '70s!)
  • Wonder by Natalie Merchant
  • Viva La Vida by Coldplay
  • Killing Me Softly by Roberta Flak/The Fugees

  • If that's not enough, there's also this:
    Sometimes, when I'm in the French Quarter, I'll imagine one of the Dark Hunters or Were Hunters are there, hanging out in the coffee shops or restaurants. Do I go looking for them? Of course not, my kids are usually with me (just kidding!). Ms. Kenyon writes her characters so vividly that when I'm near some of the places she talks about in her books, it seems like they could be real :)

    Lastly, I think a lot of my fellow readers/bloggers can identify with this one:
    I get anxious when I leave the house without a book. Even if it's just to the grocery store, the possibility of getting stuck without a book makes me antsy. I mean, really, what happens if I fall back in time and don't have a smutty book to read?!?

    I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving - Have a great weekend!!!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment