Saturday, August 14, 2010

How my book addiction broke my bed....

Fiction Vixen did a guest post over at My Overstuffed Bookshelf today that made me think about my bookshelves and how they broke my bed....

This is my TBR bookshelf. Each shelf is two rows thick. I've got it organized (sort of) by historical, paranormal, contemporary, and YA. This little shelf used to be next to my bed, between the bed and the wall. At the time, I had all my "keeper" books on the shelves and the TBR was piled on top. As you can imagine, it was a teetering, towering mess.




So, I went out and bought another cheapie shelf, moved this one to it's present location, and proceeded to move the big "keeper" shelf into the spot between my bed and the wall:


(don't laugh at my pig)

(Yes, it leans, and yes, that is my Edward doll standing on a rock my sister-in-law brought me from LaPush)

Well, unbeknownst to me, the big shelf was not only taller, but wider... If you look at the picture above my bed - that used to be centered over the headboard(and yes, that's only two of my three children, it's true what they say about the third child never having any pictures).

Anyhoo, I pushed over the bed to make room for the shelves. That's what anyone would have done, right? Well, apparently, this bed has three support bars underneath that hold the frame up, and when I pushed the bed over the support bars bent at an angle....Now, hubs and I are not petite, so when we "jumped" into bed - BAM!! Down that mattress went! Talk about scare the crap out of me (and hubs!)!

Luckily, hubs was able to fix it, and now has carte blanche to tease me about making room for more books...


0 comments:

Post a Comment