Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In and Out

Just popping in to say I'll be in and out over the next several days; got lots going on here in the NOLA this week; don't think I'll get much reading done:



The city is still riding the wave of Superbowl victory! Everywhere you turn, friends and strangers holler "Who Dat!" and everyone is still sportin' their black and gold. Tonight is the big victory parade - 9 Krewes loaned signature floats to the team for their parade. It's going to be awesome! Hubs is actually going to be able to attend this one (he's in law enforcement, so he always has to work for the parades), so we're definitely there!! I'm a bit worried as it looks like temps will be in the 30s, and of course the 3-year-old woke up with a cough this morning :(


The next several days look to be crazy: Saints parade tonight; Druids tomorrow night (haven't decided if we'll go); Thursday night is Babylon, Muses (my favorite parade!!), and Chaos; Friday night is Hermes, d'Etat (another favorite!), and Morpheus; Saturday afternoon is Iris and Tucks; Saturday night is Endymion (which I usually skip as the fans for this parade are obnoxious). Sunday will be an all-day affair - we get there early for a good spot, watch Okeanos, Mid-City, Thoth, and then wait for the big one: Bacchus (I met my husband at Bacchus, sort of). It's going to be crazy this year as Drew Brees is King Bacchus this year. Then Monday is Proteus and Orpheus (Harry Connick Jr.'s parade). Tuesday is Mardi Gras, and those parades start at 8:00. I usually stay home for Mardi Gras as I don't like getting up that early and the crowds are so thick it makes me nervous. So I use it as a day to take care of all the stuff I've ignored over the last week.


Sleep? We don't need no stinkin' sleep! Or, as my BFF Hannah likes to say "You'll get plenty of sleep when you're dead." Well said!

0 comments:

Post a Comment