Sunday, February 28, 2010

February Wrap Up with Embarassing Obsession and KindleBra...

Wow, February seems to have gone by faster than usual this year...between Mardi Gras, a sick three-year-old, a nine-year-old's birthday, and a plumbing emergency, time just flew by!

Let's start with my February Reads:

1. Out of Eden by Beth Ciotta (CRC - Contemporary Reading Challenge)
2. Sex and the Single Vampire by Katie MacAlister (VRC - Vampire Reading Challenge)
3. The Next Best Thing by Kristen Higgins (CRC)
4. Rule's Bride by Kat Martin (NAC - New Author Reading Challenge)
5. First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost (VRC)
6. Gentlemen Prefer Succubi by Jill Myles (NAC)
7. Succubi Like It Hot by Jill Myles
8. Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone
9. You Don't Know Jack by Erin McCarthy (NAC)
10. Slow Heat by Jill Shalvis (NAC)
11. Taking Care of Business by Megan Hart and Lauren Dane (ERC - Erotic Reading Challenge)
12. With a Twist by Deirdre Martin (NAC)

This portion of the list is a bit embarassing. I read a book with a hockey player as a hero and said hello to my latest obsession:
13. See Jane Score by Rachel Gibson (CRC)
14. Simply Irresistable by Rachel Gibson
15. True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson
16. The Trouble With Valentine's Day by Rachel Gibson
17. Body Check by Deirdre Martin (CRC)
18. Fair Play by Deirdre Martin
19. Chasing Stanley by Deirdre Martin
20. The Penalty Box by Deirdre Martin
21. Total Rush by Deirdre Martin (this one was kind of slow for me, not a hockey book but had one of her characters in the hockey series as a secondary character)

And I'm currently reading Power Play by Deirdre Martin....but it's the last hockey book I've been able to get my hands on without mail order so it will have to do for now. But, I've become so obsessed with hockey (I've never seen a game) that I actually looked up the closest place to see a game. They have a NHL team in Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Stars; I have no idea if they're any good or not. Driving to Dallas would be about a 9 hour drive each way for me, so it's not going to happen, especially after the expensive plumbing incident we had last week, but it's something I'll keep in mind.

And, lastly, I'm sure you're wondering: KindleBra? Well, here's what happened...My daughters and I went to be fitted for dresses as we are all in my brother's wedding this summer. I should note here that God gave me a giant butt and tiny boobs. In middle school they called me "quicksand chest". Nice, huh? So, now that I'm older (and bigger) my boobs never caught up with the rest of me *shakes fist at the heavens*. So we're in the bridal shop, and I come out of the fitting room wearing this dress that fits everywhere but the boobs. It's a strapless dress and the bust of the dress stood out so far from my chest I joked that the whole bridal party could stash their wallets, makeup, and a snack in my bodice. My 9-year-old pipes up "You could put your Kindle in there!" (Sadly, she was right - I could have put more than one kindle in there and still had room for a book too!)

I'm looking forward to March - it looks like a great month for new releases!

0 comments:

Post a Comment