Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Review: Bound to Please by Lilli Feisty


This book falls under my Erotica Reading Challenge.


Ruby Scott is an event planner in San Francisco; she works with her best friend, Meg. Mark St. Crow is a musician in town to meet with Meg's husband, a record producer. They meet at an art show Ruby and Meg are doing and immediately hit it off. Mark talks Ruby into meeting him at his concert later that night and gives her a few rules to adhere to while she's there. After the show, they go back to her place and Ruby gets a bit more insight into the fact that Mark is a Dom - and she discovers she likes it!


Ruby's childhood was less than perfect, and she has some abandonment issues. Mark's rock-n-roll lifestyle isn't really condusive to the steady relationship that Ruby thinks she wants. She knows she's attracted to Mark and he's attracted to her, but she doesn't want to be 2nd place behind his music. It seemed to me she spent a good portion of the book trying to leave Mark before he could leave her, doubting his assertions that he cared about her. The thing is, neither Ruby nor Mark wanted to leave, but neither could see how they could make a relationship work.


Oh. My. Goodness. I really liked this book! I enjoyed reading both Ruby and Mark, they were likeable characters and I wanted things to work out between them. Every time they hit a bump I thought to myself, "You can do it - give it a chance!" The sexual chemistry between them was hot, hot, hot! (I may have taken notes *g*) I also liked the secondary story of Meg and her husband Emmett. Mark's music partner Yvette. At first I didn't think I would, but by the end of the book I found myself hoping we'll see her again.


This book held my attention all the way through - no skimming or running off to check my e-mail when things got slow. I give Bound to Please 5/5 stars! Her next book, Dare to Surrender, is out next month and I can't wait to read it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment