Friday, March 25, 2011

What's in a name? Tell me what you think!

So, here's the deal:

When I started this blog back in 2009, it took me forever to pick a name. I wanted Book Junkie, but it was already taken (by a wonderful blogger, btw *waves at Brande). So I played around a bit more and picked Book Addict. That was before I realized just how many book blogs are out there and so many more have come into existence since then. And a lot of them have some form of "book addict" in their name. I actually thought about this once before but in the end I left it alone. Of course, this could all be due to thefact that I grew up as a Navy Brat and consequently I find that I need change after awhile :)

The other day I was reading comments on another blog and someone signed their comment "Book Addict". This made me wonder if people who "know" me thought it was me. And I'm wondering if I need a more unique name.

I've been Book Addict for almost two years, and I don't know if it would be too confusing at this point. So here's what I'm thinking:

Caught in a
bad FAB
Romance!

Because I do get caught up in the books I read. If it's a really good book, whether PNR, contemporary, or other, I get transported into those pages and live vicariously through the characters. AND that title makes it obvious that this is a romance book blog. (I figure that song will be around the romance community for a while so it won't get old...)

So, to change or not to change...that is the question. Is it too late for me: am I "branded" or is change good? Your thoughts are welcome - pro or con... you might have a point I haven't thought of yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment