Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Review: Something About You by Julie James



This book falls into my Contemporary Reading Challenge.


I really enjoyed Ms. James previous books, Just the Sexiest Man Alive and Practice Makes Perfect (my review here), so I was pretty sure I was going to like this book too. I was not disappointed.

Something About You is about Cameron Lynde, an Assistant US Attorney who witnesses a clue to a murder, and Jack Pallas, an FBI Special Agent who is assigned to protect her. We learn early on these two have a history: Cameron was in charge of bringing charges against a major criminal and her boss squashed it. Jack had been undercover for two years trying to bring the criminal down but was made and had to come back to real life to prosecute. When Jack learned the DA was not going to prosecute, he blamed Cameron and very publicly insulted her. Now, three years later, they're thrown together for the duration of the murder investigation.

I enjoyed this book - Jack was the perfect Alpha male, all broody and sexy and dangerous yet honorable. Cameron was a good heroine with her smarts, thirst for justice, and sense of humor. The sexual tension in this book was good, they had a few starts and stops that kept me as a reader "frustrated" along with for Cameron, LOL! I liked Cameron's two best friends, Amy and Collin, as well as Jack's partner, Wallace. The villian was well-written - he was sneaky and smart.

There were a few scenes where I thought to myself "Never gonna happen", but all in all it was a fun read; I finished it in a day. I give Something About You 4 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment