Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Carolyn Crane's Trapped In A Restaurant Meme Game



That post title sounds like Carolyn Crane is trapped in a restaurant. She's not. What she is doing is running a fun meme/contest to celebrate the upcoming release of her book, Mind Games:


1. In MIND GAMES, hypochondriac heroine Justine Jones can’t figure out why tortured mastermind Sterling Packard never sets foot outside the Mongolian Delites restaurant. What if you were somehow trapped in a restaurant, what sort of restaurant would you prefer?

-Middle Eastern (I wouldn't have to cook, would I?)



2. What if you won the fancy $100 dinner to a restaurant of your choice, and you could dine with any character from any book, movie, or history. Who would you choose?

-I know this is where I'm supposed to say Abraham Lincoln, Ghandi, or John F. Kennedy, but really, I'd spend the whole meal thinking "Holy cow, I'm sitting here with Abraham Lincoln, Ghandi, or JFK!!" and not remember a damn thing. For a fun evening out, I'd probably pick my girlcrush, Tina Fey. I think she'd be a good conversationalist and would try to put me at ease and it would be a fun dinner.


3. Choose three characters to dine with for a lively dinner party (you can define lively however you want).

-I would pick all women because I want to have fun and don't want to worry about whether or not I have spinach in my teeth or worry if my bra strap is showing or have to act all ladylike during the meal. I'd pick Jane Jameson from Molly Harper's Nice Girls trilogy because I think she'd be a blast to hang out with. I'd also pick Cat from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress Series because she seems like fun, (plus maybe Bones would come by at the end of the meal to pick her up *wink*). Lastly, I'd pick Sookie Stackhouse from Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire series because Sookie seems like she'd be a good friend and would be comfortable with the other two guests, both of whom are vampires. Do I think this would be a lively dinner party? Heck yeah - each of these three ladies has trouble follow them wherever they go....add some alcohol and something crazy is bound to happen!


Play and send your meme game link by April 8 to meme@authorcarolyncrane.com to enter. Anyone can play. Details here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment