Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm in the mood for...vampires? werewolves? lawyers? highland clan chieftains?


I'm looking at my ever-growing TBR and wondering what's wrong with me. I read quickly, and so I usually go through several books a week. I find that I have to "switch it up" or I get bored. For example, lately I've been in a Contemporary mood, but after reading a review for Joey Hills' Vampire series, I bought a copy and started reading. I couldn't get into it - I'm not in the mood for a supernatural book right now. So I read a Susan Andersen contemporary and devoured it! The thing is, I never know how long one "genre craving" is going to last so I just have to go with it.
I'm thinking about arranging my TBR piles into: Contemporary, Historical, Highlanders, Vampires, Shapeshifters, and Other. Is that too anal?

Sometimes I can't decide WHAT I'm in the mood for....I liked Lisa Kleypas' Sugar Daddy, and want to read Blue Eyed Devil but I'm still mad at Hardy. I've got the 2nd Sue Ellen Welfonder book, Bride of the Beast, but it's about a disfigured hero and I had a hard time with Elizabeth Hoyt's To Beguile a Beast, so I'm having a hard time reaching for SE Welfonder's book on my shelf (I wonder if I should skip it and go to the next? But that would mess up my "read them in order" OCD).

I also find that books I buy and then put off reading are usually the ones I end up loving! Soulless by Gail Carriger, Contemporaries in general (I fought that genre for months!), the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone, the In Death series (I didn't want to read Nora Roberts and so far have really liked the first two books), there are soooo many that once I start reading, I wonder why the heck I put it off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment