Monday, June 15, 2009

The Georgina Kincaid Series by Richelle Mead




I have to admit I was a bit leery to start this series – a story about a succubus? I was afraid it was going to be all about sex and demons. Boy was I wrong!!! I love this series and don’t want to wait until next March for the 5th book. According to Ms. Mead’s website there are going to be 6 books in this series.

Succubus Blues is the story of a succubus, Georgina Kincaid. She has been a succubus for hundreds of years, but has a conscience and tries to “feed” off guys with questionable morals, even though she gets a better “fix” from more moral men. She has a group of immortal friends she spends time with – an imp, two vampires, her demon boss, and her boss’s friend, an angel. Georgina works in a bookstore in Seattle and has a nice group of human friends there. While working, she unknowingly meets a famous author that she’s had a huge literary crush on, and the potential for a relationship is there. She also meets another man who romantically pursues her. While all this is going on, immortals are being killed and Georgina is trying to find out who’s doing it. I really enjoyed this book; it’s a keeper.

Succubus on Top continues Georgina’s story, her relationship with Seth, the author, and mostly focuses around her human friends this time. Her friend at the bookstore has been acting weird, and Georgina investigates the source of the suspicious behavior. We also meet an old friend of Georgina’s, an incubus, who attempts to put a kink into Georgina and Seth’s relationship.

In Succubus Dreams, Georgina becomes a mentor to a new, inept succubus. We also meet the imp who originally bought Georgina’s soul and hear more of that back story. Her friend Carter, the angel, is involved in a mystery, and Georgina is drawn in to help. Georgina is having dreams that can’t possibly be true, but everyone insists the dreams Nix sends always come true. In this book, Georgina’s supernatural life and her love life both crash at the same time. I wanted to cry by the end of the book.

The latest book, Succubus Heat, continues to enthrall the reader. It begins with Georgina sleeping with her therapist and dating a shady character. Her demon boss outsources her to Canada and then disappears. While trying to solve the problem in Canada and find her missing boss, Georgina loses her succubus powers and wants Seth, but he has a girlfriend – Georgina’s friend and co-worker. This book kept me on the edge of my seat, waiting to see if Georgina could find her missing boss on time and worrying about her love life. And the cliffhanger ending – oh my goodness! I know how I want the series to end and don’t see how that’s gonna happen at this point!

I highly recommend this series. I cannot say enough how much I loved these books. I finished them 3 days ago and find myself still thinking about the characters and their situations. The thing I hate about books like this is that it's hard to start reading something else now because I'm sure it will never be as awesome as this was! Will definitely read it (them) again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment