Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Becoming by Jeanne C. Stein


I saw this book when a character was mentioned on the Bitten By Books shapeshifter poll. I've only read the first book in the series, so I haven't come upon a shapeshifter yet.
I enjoyed this book. The plot was good - Anna is a bounty hunter who gets attacked by a vampire while trying to catch a bail jumper. Her doctor at the hospital immediately recognizes what happened and helps her. Then her house burns down and her bounty hunter partner disappears. The plot moves along quickly during her search for her missing partner and the clues point all over the place. There's a bit of sex, but it's pretty non-descriptive -you know it happened but not the particulars.
Am I going to keep this book? I haven't decided yet, but I am going to read the next book, Blood Drive, soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment